buddy holly on line

Discussion in 'Buddy Holly's fans' social room' started by mickgm, Nov 3, 2008.

1. mickgm

mickgm New Member

anyone else noticed that the site has been closed down

2. sittacus

sittacus New Member

Yes I did. The day it happened. Thanks to MEH this great site, that was online for 11 years was closed down. For a few days you could hear MEH talking on the answering machine about why she wanted it to vanish from the internet. It´s so sad, another great source of information about Buddy is gone. Somehow I have the feeling that she wants his fans to forget him...

3. mickgm

mickgm New Member

she can try all she wants but I for one will NEVER forget him or his music
    Its a bit naughty but another site has published her address for people to let her know what they think

4. daisymaeholly

daisymaeholly Lead Admin Staff Member Administrator

BH online is gone? Oh wow! And the Official Community of BH went in January due to her influence. That's very sad.This one will stay though! Yes?

5. sittacus

sittacus New Member

Sure it will stay! As long as WE are there it will stay. But who knows what will happen once SHE decides to let it be closed down? Even then we will never ever let him be forgotten! Right?

6. mickgm

mickgm New Member

RIGHT

7. daisymaeholly

Well, she has nothing to do with this site. Nothing whatsoever.

8. sittacus

sittacus New Member

Hopefully! And I hope she will never ever get the idea of closing down the German fansite...(I´m really starting to develop paranoia...).

Why are such sites closed down? Why let ME close them down? To be the only one to have the right to use his name? To exploit the name? Well, then something has to be kept in mind: it´s us, the fans, the whole community of his fans who were there through this half century, to keep his name alive, to keep HIM ALIVE! Without the increasing number of loyal fans, his name would long be forgotten and no-one would be able to make a single buck with his name. Sure, there are people like his widow who do have rights, but I think we, his fans, do have some rights too. And I don´t speak of the only right to pay for the CDs.
    The way this is handled right now is surely NOT the way he would have wanted it to happen!

9. daisymaeholly

No indeed. BUt the simple fact is, she holds the copyright on his name and estate so she can pretty much do what she likes.

Must go and have a look at Hans' forum. Have you seen my page on there? I have a whole page all to myself!

BTW this site will be moving to vBulletin shortly. Will be a much nicer board.

10. daisymaeholly

For your information - this site is no longer on vBulletin - it's now on Xenforo!