Hello, Mr Soia

Discussion in 'Buddy Holly's fans' social room' started by daisymaeholly, Aug 12, 2008.

1. daisymaeholly

daisymaeholly Lead Admin Staff Member Administrator

Mr Soia - welcome to the forum! There is not a lot going on here at the moment as it hasn't existed very long. I had hoped it would replace "The Official Community of Buddy Holly" that disappeared earlier this year but sadly I was not quick enough to contact all the members and let them know about RaveOn. Shame!

Still, I am hoping that in the fullness of time it will be as good a resource.

Look forward to speaking with you very soon

2. Mr Soia

Mr Soia Guest

Good Afternoon Daisymaeholly, and thank you for the welcoming!

I did make more than a few posts back on the official forum back in the day, it was sad to see that site taken down, but I am happy that you have introduced us to the Rave On Forum.

Once more people find out that there is a new forum I'm sure they'll come back and jump on.

I don't make it online as often as I wish to these days with work commitment, but I'm sure I'll be around here as much as I can.

Introduction -

For those who don't know me, I'm 22 and from Sydney, Australia.

I am a committee member of ARRAS (Australian Rock'N'Roll Appreciation Society - Est. 1974) We are the oldest Rock'N'Roll club in Australia and I'm sure one of the oldest still running in the world. We produce a club magazine known as 'Big Beat Of The 50s' around 4 times a year which is sent all over the world. I help out with promotions, reviews and some stories.

- the new issue will have an article of mine on the recently departed Bo Diddley and photos I took of him in April 2007, I was lucky enough to see him perform one of his last ever shows.

We are currently putting an official website together, but for now we have a great MySpace page here.
    We are constantly gaining more interest and members from all over the world.

I was born in 1986, a lot of things happened that year in the Rock'n'Roll world - the hall of fame for one.
    in the late 80s I remember hearing "La Bamba" and "Great Balls Of Fire" on the radio, thanks to the films that came out at that time.
    When I was 5 years old and just started school, Jive Bunny released "Swing The Mood" probably the best rock'n'roll mix till this day.

Buddy Holly has always been my favourite rock'n'roll artist, "Everyday" would probably be my number one, but I've loved everything he did I could go on and on.
    I have sillouhettes of Buddy, Joe Strummer & Chris Cheney (The Living End) tattooed on my left arm as you can see in my display picture. I will add more to it eventually.

I have done promotions for bands for years, mainly for Zombie Ghost Train who have travelled the world the past 5 years, great psychobilly/rocknroll band.

My fianceƩ and I are travelling to the U.S on our first overseas trip come end of October on a Contiki tour which takes us from LA to New Orleans.
    We will be getting married at the Graceland chapel in Vegas and then going to Sun and Stax when we hit Memphis. Unfortunatley the tour doesn't take us through Clovis or Lubbock, but I'm sure I will make it to both places one day.

That's about it for me for now, I'm sure more will come later on.

3. daisymaeholly

How did you find RaveOn? Was it via the Archive?

4. Mr Soia

Mr Soia Guest

I think it was from the MySpace bulletin[​IMG]

5. daisymaeholly

Ah! Would that be Randy's MySpace? I put it on there recently.