new domain name

Discussion in 'Buddy Holly's fans' social room' started by daisymaeholly, Mar 12, 2010.

1. daisymaeholly

daisymaeholly Lead Admin Staff Member Administrator

I've seriously regretted using the domain name "buddyonline"!! It sounds more like a dating site and so do many others judging by the spam registrations I've been getting! Averaging about 20 a day!

So I changed it to buddyhollyforum.co.uk in the hopes that it will attract genuine members.

Here's hoping ..............

2. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler New Member

Thanks for the email Daisy, I had a hard drive failure a good while ago and lost all my bookmarks. Great to be here again :)

3. daisymaeholly

Oh Dirk! How wonderful to see you! I so hope you'll be the first of many! I still miss the old forum, don't you?

4. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler New Member

Yes, it was a good one for sure. But I've been getting my Buddy fix over at the BHAS were weve finally gotten everything Buddy recorded in one place (15 disks of music can you believe)

5. daisymaeholly

Awesome! What's BHAS?

6. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler New Member

It's the Buddy Holly Appreciation Society which incorporates the Crickets Fan Club too ;)

7. daisymaeholly

Is that the Yahoo site? I find it very difficult to navigate that one

8. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler New Member

9. daisymaeholly

Oh. I never knew about that one! If I had, I'd never have bothered with this! :lol8:

10. daisymaeholly

Sadly folks, those forums are all lost and gone. Nothing ever stays around forever!

But I shall do my very best to keep this one online, no matter what it costs!