• Thatll Be The Day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Fade Away

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

GARY

Hello

What are your top 5 Buddy Holly Songs of all time???

MY PERSONAL FAVORITES

1 NOT FADE AWAY

Jerry playing a cardboard box instead of a drum kit enough said

2 PEGGY SUE GOT MARRIED

The first Buddy Holly song I heard when I was eleven years old
This is the song that made me fall in love with the music

3 WORDS OF LOVE

I just love the lyrics of this song.This song touches my soul
Buddy had a true gift of speaking to our hearts through the lyrics of his songs

4 THATLL BE THE DAY

The song that started it all enough said

5 LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO LOVE

Drunk man street car foot slip there you are (Ella Holley)

I really love that several song Buddy performed where due to things his mother would
say from time to time

Another saying from Buddys mom Maybe Baby

Gary C

daisymaeholly

Lead Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Well, how can one choose? It's like trying to choose one of your children! But if pushed, I'd have to say "Words of Love" as it seems to come right from Buddy's heart!

G

GARY

I love everything Buddy has ever done including the jingles the false starts the alternate
takes...everything

I know every Buddy fan feels the same way I do

I just thought it would be intersting to find out which songs cause each one of us to turn that volume knob to the right when certain songs of his are being played

Gary C

mickgm

There are too many to pick as favourites and favourites have altered over the years often listen to my full collection on vinyl including the scratches with age

daisymaeholly

Lead Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Oh - you still got the vinyl? Me too! Also some 78s - nothing to play them on, mind - but possession is all!

sittacus

My Top 5? Well that´s not easy to say. I love everything he did in his short lifetime. But to chose just 5...

TRUE LOVE WAYS (my alltime fave, so wonderful I start crying everytime I hear it)

OH BOY (this one I always connect with the commercial for a compilation of Buddy´s songs that was released in Germany in 1979, everytime this commercial was on TV and started with OH BOY I was jumping up and down, shouting "I want this one!!!" I got it - on audio-cassette)

HEARTBEAT (reminds me so much of my beginnings as a Holly-Fan back in 1977, and my parents who couldn´t understand this kind of passion)

WELL...ALL RIGHT (just a wonderful song, Buddy, his guitar playing and Jerry´s drums - it´s just perfect co-working)

PEGGY SUE (the first song I ever heard of Buddy´s, made me shiver and with this song he got me. And will never let me
go...and I will never ever let him go!)

It´s a shame I don´t have any 78s, but since I don´t have anything to play them on. At least I do have some LPs I bought back in the 70s.

Top Bottom